We currently have one opening for the July Shenvalee trip and one opening for the October Penn National trip. If interested, please review the “Overnight Trips” page for details on dates, cost, how to sign up, and a list of those going.
Please check the Overnight Trips page on our website for updated info. New people: Our trips are very popular and it’s a great opportunity to quickly get to know others in our league. You are encouraged to sign up! Info on how to sign up is found on the Overnight trip page.
- Shenvalee dates, details and who is signed up.
- The Woods, who is signed up.
- Penn National, who is signed up and waitlisted.
The “trip page” is established to keep the membership informed about trip details. To locate the page anytime you wish, simply google/search the internet for “greendale women’s golf overnight trips” and a link to the page will be in your search results. The page is password protected. If you don’t know the password, ask Sally or any other member.
Five things from the 2017 Spring Meeting you need to know about:
1) Sign-Up Categories. The purpose and use of Sign-Up categories for tee-times was discussed. The categories (Cat 1= flights A&B and Cat 2=flights C&D) were implemented years ago to help equalize the pace of foursomes and also serve to mix-up golfers and aid members in knowing each other better. It was decided we would suspend the use of categories for May and July Sign-Ups and assess the impact. Watch for the change on the May sign-ups, and again in July. April and June sign-ups will use the categories as we have done in the past. Gary Callis will chair a committee to assess the impact.
2) 2018 GWGA championship format. Eileen Ruzicka will chair a committee to explore options for how our championship tournament can be changed/improved so it’s a more enjoyable tournament.
3) If you have questions concerning tee times, Michelle Moldenhauer is our tournament chair and she requests that you TEXT her.
4) To get the password to the member only section of our web pages, email Sally or click on the “members only” tab and complete and submit the form there.
5) Kathi Pierce handed out this annotated VSGA one-day event schedule showing events which have women’s flights and those nearby. Contact her if interested.
Get ready for our season start! Woohoo! Set your phone alarm sign-up reminders for Sundays at 7 p.m. Review tee-time procedures here. A printable schedule is also posted.
2017 Overnight Trips. Check out the new page on our website that contains details of 3 overnight trips planned for this year. It includes all the particulars and how to sign up, the current status of being filled and general trip information for those who have never joined us for one of these fun outings!
Welcome to our 8 new members. You can see their photos in the directory: Nittaya Carryer, Greta Kohlhagen (Mae Kiehl’s daughter), Ann McClung, Karen McNeil, Kathy Mitchell, Angel Orme, Linda Patierno and Karen Rackley. New members, please spend a little time reading the Member Handbook so you become familiar with the content as you will likely want to refer to it over the season.
Membership Directory – If you would like a list of all members, there is now one posted on the directory web page; it’s a printer friendly, two-page address listing. Also you can find a list of email addresses, photos of members and short stories about each member. If you haven’t provided your story, please do this. Email it to. Sally for posting. We are not picky about English so don’t worry!! The purpose is to provide some tidbits of information about yourself we may not know! (It does not need to be golf focused!)
Check out the turtles on Hole 8 pond!