Happy New Year! It may be freezing outside, but the GWGA 2015 board members are hard at work planning the upcoming season; read a quick news summary below. Please put our spring meeting on your calendar and remember that in addition to members, experienced golfers of all abilities are invited to attend. If you are a potential new member please come to the meeting and learn more about our league. Also, be sure our membership chair, Jeanie, knows about it. You may contact her at email@example.com or 703-548-7334.
If you wish to join (new or old members) please print, complete and mail this 2015 membership form. Form shows fee structure and mailing address. There are several benefits to sending in your checks prior to the meeting. Your handicap will be activated and ready to go by April 2nd (otherwise there will be a few weeks delay; you can’t win anything until you have established and actived your handicap). Also if you are new, you will be assigned a mentor before April 2 and sent additional info; you can start getting oriented to league play before the meeting and meet your mentor at the spring meeting.
GWGA Spring Meeting
Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:30 p.m.
Kingstowne Library, 6500 Landsdowne Centre Drive,
Alexandria, VA 22315
A brief news summary:
- Lucinda, our vice president, arranged an awesome winter golf escape to Kissimmee, Florida, scheduled for Jan 23-30, with 8 GWGA golfers participating. She also arranged for the league to have our 2015 awards luncheon at Mount Vernon Country Club, on November 5, 2015.
- Eileen, our tournament chair, and her assistant Judy have been busy planning lots of new games for 2015, and making the calendar which includes 4 shotguns.
- Betsy has already collected dues from most of you, and our finances are good order.
- Jeanie created a two-year marketing plan with a goal to make our league the most desirable women’s league in northern virginia; she is updating flyers and business cards and getting the word out about the spring meeting. She also has plans for making new or potential members feel welcome, and for helping all of us to know each other better.
- Judy and Michelle are working together to transition the sign-ups to Michelle.
- Joyce has been busy gathering core value inputs from the board members and drafting a core values statement for our league. The board will ask the membership to adopt the core value statement at the spring meeting. It will be helpful to everyone, and especially to any new or potential members who don’t know much about us.
Cheers to all, hope to see you on the golf course soon! Sally