The GWGA league expects that a round of golf will be played in 4 1/2 hours. If it is cart path only, that expectation changes to 5 hours.
Suggestions for speeding up play:
- Play ready golf
- The first player to hole out should be responsible for the flagstick
- Play a provisional ball if there is a chance that a ball might be lost outside a hazard
- Riders – after a shot, get into the cart (holding your clubs), do not put clubs away until the NEXT stopping point
- Watch your ball and assist your partners in watching theirs. Only one other player needs to help look for a lost ball. Others in the group should continue to play
- One practice swing only
- Three-minute search for lost ball
- Put away clubs and record scores at the next tee box
- Keep 2 balls in your pocket, marked differently at all times as well as 2 tees and a ball marker
- Keep your cell phone turned off or muted.
- Use less than 40 seconds to address the ball.
- We have adopted local Rule-E5 for the 2019 golf season.