Sign-up Change on Sunday, July 30: Reminder that August foursomes will include a requirement to have 2 people from Category 1 and 2 from Category 2. Please check your category assignment on Sunday and sign-up correctly. Instructions will be on the sign-up. The sign-up will be monitored and those who sign up in the incorrect category will be moved to the first open time in their category and notified by sign-up genius of the move.
Background for those new to the league: It was decided at the 2017 spring meeting that every other month we would suspend the category (flight) sign-up requirement and data would be collected over the season to see if pace of play is impacted with use of categories. The original intent of having sign up categories, when implement 7 years ago, was to aid pace of play and to mix up golfers with a range of flights/handicaps in each foursome. No recent data was available to support or suspend the use of categories, so we are gathering data this season.
We currently have one opening for the July Shenvalee trip and one opening for the October Penn National trip. If interested, please review the “Overnight Trips” page for details on dates, cost, how to sign up, and a list of those going.
Please check the Overnight Trips page on our website for updated info. New people: Our trips are very popular and it’s a great opportunity to quickly get to know others in our league. You are encouraged to sign up! Info on how to sign up is found on the Overnight trip page.
- Shenvalee dates, details and who is signed up.
- The Woods, who is signed up.
- Penn National, who is signed up and waitlisted.
The “trip page” is established to keep the membership informed about trip details. To locate the page anytime you wish, simply google/search the internet for “greendale women’s golf overnight trips” and a link to the page will be in your search results. The page is password protected. If you don’t know the password, ask Sally or any other member.
Five things from the 2017 Spring Meeting you need to know about:
1) Sign-Up Categories. The purpose and use of Sign-Up categories for tee-times was discussed. The categories (Cat 1= flights A&B and Cat 2=flights C&D) were implemented years ago to help equalize the pace of foursomes and also serve to mix-up golfers and aid members in knowing each other better. It was decided we would suspend the use of categories for May and July Sign-Ups and assess the impact. Watch for the change on the May sign-ups, and again in July. April and June sign-ups will use the categories as we have done in the past. Gary Callis will chair a committee to assess the impact.
2) 2018 GWGA championship format. Eileen Ruzicka will chair a committee to explore options for how our championship tournament can be changed/improved so it’s a more enjoyable tournament.
3) If you have questions concerning tee times, Michelle Moldenhauer is our tournament chair and she requests that you TEXT her.
4) To get the password to the member only section of our web pages, email Sally or click on the “members only” tab and complete and submit the form there.
5) Kathi Pierce handed out this annotated VSGA one-day event schedule showing events which have women’s flights and those nearby. Contact her if interested.