Rules Conflict Resolution
If during course of play, there is a disagreement as to the Rules of Golf, members should follow this procedure:
- Circle the hole number on the score card.
- Play the ball using the rule interpretation of the player who is affected by the rule.
- The Rules Chair will contact all players in the group to ascertain the facts.
- Rules Chair will determine the correct action that should have been taken and will inform the players in the group.
- Rules Chair will contact the Tournament Chairs concerning any change in score in case the change affects the weekly games, birdies, eagles or chip-ins.
- For an unusual or interesting rule problem, Rules Chair will inform the membership as a learning opportunity, keeping the players involved anonymous.
- Contact information for the Rules Chair can be found here.